Offshore Wind Energy

Sinovel and AMSC launch an offensive

<b>Sinovel supplied 34 wind turbines for the first Chinese offshore wind farm Shanghai Donghai Bridge.</b></br><br><i>Photo: Sinovel</i><br>

As part of the strategic partnership, Sinovel will also purchase electrical components for the new turbines from AMSC. The start of mass production of the newly developed turbines is scheduled for the end of 2012; Sinovel plans to sell the turbines worldwide and has an ambitious target: the Chinese market leader wants to become the world's largest wind turbine manufacturer.

Offshore wind heads for record year

118 new offshore wind turbines were fully connected to the grid in the first half of 2010 according to new statistics released today by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA). Those 118 turbines have a capacity of 333 MW – well over half the 577 MW installed offshore last year - showing continuing strong growth in offshore wind power despite the financial crisis.

Gemsa and Iberdrola Ingeniería are awarded a contract to build a 102-MW wind farm in Honduras

Madrid / Zamudio - A consortium made up of Gamesa and Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción has received a contract to build a Honduran wind farm, known as Cerro de Hula, a project which will have 102 MW of installed capacity. Gamesa controls 76% of the venture, while Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción controls the remaining 24%.

Trelleborg supports worlds first full scale floatin wind turbine

Statoil's innovative new offshore floating Hywind wind turbine, now successfully moored in the North Sea off the Norwegian coast, is demonstrating how Trelleborg Offshore's syntactic foam buoyancy technology is contributing to the future of offshore power generation.

GAMESA sells german wind farms with combined caoacity of 45 MW to IKEA Group

Madrid / Bilbao - Gamesa, a leading wind turbine manufacturer and a key global player in wind farm development, has sold a total of six German wind farms in four locations with combined installed capacity of 45.05 MW to IKEA Group in Germany.

PNE WIND AG has completed the Elze wind farm and handed it over to EnBW

  • The wind farm with its four Enercon systems is already in production

  • Formal handover to EnBW Erneuerbare Energien GmbH at the “Husum WindEnergy 2010”

Heiko Ross leaves Bard

Deputy CEO Arwit Gunt will be his successor. The decision was taken by mutual agreement on 6th October at a shareholders' meeting. Ross has been the Holding company's CEO since March 2009, when he took over the position previously held by Natalia Bekker. The daughter of company founder Arngolt Bekker had died in February of last year. No official reasons for the move have been given.

UDE opens wind farm in France

<b>Many of the guests took the opportunity to get a view of the new wind farm from a hot air balloon.</b><br><br><i>Photo: UDE</i><br>

The 12 MW farm Orvilliers-Saint-Julien, the construction of which began in October 2009, is located in northeastern France, in the southern part of the region Champagne-Ardenne. The farm comprises six Enercon turbines of the type E 82 and has meanwhile been sold to the wind energy company NGE Energie SAS.

REpower and Akka Vind AB sign contract for wind farm project in Skåne province

Hamburg - REpower Systems AG (WKN 617703) has concluded its second contract within a short time in Sweden. The contract provides for the delivery of three wind turbines to Akka Vind AB, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fred. Olsen Renewables AB.

Enel Green Power brings 17-turbine romanian wind farm on steam

The Italian renewable energy developer Enel Green Power have opened their first wind farm in Romania - the 'Agighiol' plant at Valea Nucarilor. Chief Executive Francesco Starace says the project is the first of many in Romania stating - "With this first wind farm we see the start of Enel Green Power's generation capacity in Romania.